This was simply delicious. :)
I’m not bragging but I think I got this dish just right. The beef was tender and I chanced on the right amount of spices. The recipe was sent to me by one of my high school friends and I remember that it was served during her son’s baptism several years ago.
Here’s the recipe for Beef with Corn & Mushroom:
- 1/2 kilo beef strips (sirloin)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- oyster sauce
- 2-3 tetra packs of All Purpose cream
- 1 can sliced button mushrooms
- 1 can sliced baby corn
- salt & pepper
- marinate beef strips in oyster sauce for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- once beef strips are ready, saute garlic and onions.
- add the beef. Then add water to boil.
- add all purpose cream, salt & pepper to taste. Add a dash of paprika powder.
- add the mushrooms.
- put lid on, boil until cream thickens.
*I solved my problem with the onions–I cut the ends, then washed the onion in running water. Cutting the onion didn’t make me tear up anymore. :)
I marinated the beef overnight to let the oyster sauce seep into the meat. I rendered the meat in garlic and onions then made sure to boil it in really low heat. It took about 30 minutes to make the beef tender enough.
I used only 2 tetra packs of all purpose cream–I think it was enough for the 1/2 kilo of beef. I also added more than a dash of paprika, and about a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
This is very easy to cook and a great dish to serve to your family and friends. :)